COMMUNITY- Page 3

The Aristotle Menu: Eat Like an Ancient Greek Philosopher

According to Aristotle, the world was based on five building elements, earth, fire, water, air, and ether. Gastronomy professor Giorgos Palisidis built what he calls the “Aristotelian menu”, based on foods and ingredients of northern Greece, the birthplace of the great philosopher.…
3 August, 2020

Yoga incompatible for Orthodox Christians

The Orthodox Church of Greece has announced yoga as “absolutely incompatible” with Christianity and not a “kind of exercise” since “yoga is a fundamental part of the religion of Hinduism.” The Synodal Committee under Archbishop Ieronymos II of Athens and all Greece,…
16 June, 2020

NUGAS: Discovering our homeland: We’re all on a different journey

(Left to right) Denise Serdenes, Georgia (best friend) <<Όχι, δεν έχω ταξιδέψει στην Ελλάδα ποτέ. Ζούσα στην Ελλάδα για πέντε χρόνια όταν ήμουν μικρή, όμως δεν θυμάμαι πολύ>>. This, until last year, had always been my response when asked if I had…
18 March, 2020

Manasis School of Greek dance and Culture

To our beloved community, I regret to inform you that as a result of the increased and heightened risk involved with the spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), and based on the advice of many medical and government bodies, for the first time…
17 March, 2020

Encyclical from his Eminence Archbishop Makarios regarding the COVID-19 (Corona-Virus)

Επίσημη θέση για το ζήτημα του εκκλησιασμού των πιστών ενόσω βρίσκεται σε εξέλιξη ο Κορωνοϊός πήρε ο Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αυσραλίας κ. Μακάριος με σχετική εγκύκλιό του By God’s mercy, Archbishop of the Most Holy Archdiocese of Australia, Primate and Exarch of All Oceania,…
17 March, 2020

20th Anniversary Bourtha Cup 2020

This year marks the 20th anniversary for the Bourtha Cup competition. Started in 2000 by a group of golfing buddies, the Cup continues to be a way for participants to meet and share experiences over a game at a variety of Victoria’s…
10 March, 2020
1 2 3 4 5 13

TA NEA – 8 May 2024

Calendar

May 2024
M T W T F S S

Newsletter

Dark
Light